Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ice Sculptures

It rained last week and then it turned cold. Not surprising, this is December. Yesterday morning I grabbed my camera and walked the three blocks to the trails at Black Water Creek to see what ice sculptures mother nature created the night before.

Guests of The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast often hike the trails of Black Water Creek. The hike is easy and most of the trails are paved or marked making this a great place to jog or ride a bike. It doesn't make any difference what time of year it is, there is always something to see.

If you are hiking and get off the path, as I did to take these photos, make sure you wear the proper footwear. I stepped in some water and my sneakers got wet and before too much longer my toes were as cold as the ice sculptures I was admiring.

Today it is raining and cold (but above freezing) and this would be a great opportunity to get some great shots, but after yesterday's adventure of frozen toes, I'm going to stay inn and read the Sunday paper. This afternoon we will be touring homes in Diamond Hill that are decorated for the holidays, then off to a party at the Old City Cemetery. There is just too much to do and see around Lynchburg. Enjoy the last couple of shots.


No comments: